Wednesday, October 27, 2010

People suck...

Sometimes people are dumb. They say dumb stuff to other people to make themselves feel better. To those of you who do it, listen:

Your words cut deeper than you think. Whether the person believes it is true or not they cannot forget. It is one of the wonders of our brain. You can't just forget. When I was younger I was made fun of all the time. I was "fat and ugly". I was even told that people wanted me dead. Waking up every morning dreading going to school and seeing those people is a terrible feeling. It got to a point where I honestly believed them. In my mind they were right: I was not beautiful. I was fat. No one would ever like me. People would be happier with me dead. I tried to commit suicide three different times. Before that I cut myself. I couldn't control the pain I felt from others and cutting allowed me to control the pain I was in. If it wasn't for my loving Heavenly Father and my mother I don't know what would have happened. My mother found me on my last suicide attempt. Seeing the pain in her eyes made me realize that what other people said didn't really matter. What my Father in Heaven thinks of me and what my family thinks about me is all that matters. Most importantly, what I think about myself matters more than anything.

I have scars on my wrists and arms that I will never be able to get rid of. Memories that I can never forget permanently carved into my skin...all because of words and other people trying to make themselves feel better. Think about what you are saying. Think about the consequences that might come from your actions. I know that what I did to myself was stupid. I should never have cared so much what others thought about me but you can't just block it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment