Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sometimes I crave myself...is that wrong??

Well...what is new in my life??

Nothing.

Actually...I'm transferring to Utah State. I can't stand being at BYU anymore and USU has a better pre-vet program anyway. Why didn't I do this a while ago?? Hmmm...good question.

Lately I learned the most amazing lesson. You know growing up in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I've always known families will be together forever. And I love that concept. I know that no matter how annoying they are sometimes or how far apart we might live that we will be able to spend Eternity together. They will always be there for me. Well...I have taken that for granted a little bit. We cannot go throughout this life alone. We have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ, who will alway be here for us...but we also have our families. They know us better than we give them credit for. They will help us through our problems if we let them in and give them a chance.

Families are an amazing blessing...one that we can all enjoy and appreciate. We need to not take our families for granted. Talk to your parents, talk to your siblings. Call them just to tell them you love them because none of us do that enough. Even when you get annoyed with each other, no matter what, you will have each other's backs.

I remember in high school that my brother Peter always (yes I do mean always) picked on me. It didn't matter who he was with or what we were doing...he would pick on me. Sometimes I would get upset but for the most part it didn't really phase me. The most amazing thing would be when someone else started to pick on me...one of his friends or another kid at school...he would step up and have them knock it off. He stood up for me against other people even though sometimes they were his friends. One of those "I can pick on her cuz she's my sister, but you better not even think about doing it" kind of things. That is the most amazing thing of all. We have been given an amazing and deep love for our families and through thick and thin we will always be there for them.
Me and Peter at his mission farewell -- 8.16.2009

No comments:

Post a Comment