Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Just When I Thought I Knew What Was Going On...

God has a funny way of turning things around when you least expect it.

I had this idea of how things were going to go in my life these last few weeks of school and let me tell you, that is definitely NOT how things are going to go.

People come in and out of our lives for various reasons: some obvious, others not so obvious. Either way...there is a reason we meet these people and we interact with them. We are to learn something from them or with them or about ourselves. No matter what it is...there is a reason.

Sometimes people walk out of our lives when we least expect them to. Sometimes they walk out of our lives when we need them the most.

It sucks. But that's the way the cookie crumbles.

We cannot control everything. Unfortunately. But sometimes that is good that we aren't in control.

At this moment, if I was in control of what was happening in my life...a lot of people would end up very miserable, myself included.

We can't see the big picture. If we try and control the everyday situations we encounter from the limited view we have, everyone will get hurt and everyone will be miserable. That's what happens when we try and take things into our own hands and leave God out of things.

I thought I knew what was going to happen. I thought I had a firm grasp on the hand that I have most recently been dealt...I was extremely wrong in that assumption.

I am not exactly happy with all of the changes that are occurring right now but I know that in the end it will be what is best for me. It will also be what is best for those around me.

Sometimes we have to be miserable for a minute in order to be happy forever.

One day I will understand why this is all happening. Not just why it is happening but why it is happening RIGHT NOW.

Timing is a huge part of learning lessons from our struggles, failures, and pains. Things happen for a reason and they happen at certain times for a reason.

There is a reason I need all of this to be going on 17 days before I graduate from college. There is a reason I need all of this to happen while I am stressed beyond words over all of the tests, papers, and assignments I have in the next two weeks. There is a reason I need all of this to happen while I have a thousand graduation details to finalize including passing my classes and finding a job after graduation.

Heavenly Father has a plan for me. These changes and their timing are all for my betterment.

A couple weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to look at these changes in this way. But Heavenly Father put me through other trials to prepare me for this.

I got this. Nothing is going to slow me down or deter me from the path I am on. If anything, it is going to push me farther down this path: push me closer to the Lord.

Plans change. Life changes. Things get turned around. Failure happens. People leave. Get used to it.

I'm not going to let any of this halt my life, hinder my progress, or deter me from the path I'm on.

I'm ready to face any challenge foolish enough to face me.

No comments:

Post a Comment